The 4th Annual ARIS Summit is almost here!
The Annual ARIS Summit is an incredible time of connecting with other educators, researchers, and designers who are exploring location based games, storytelling and design.
Join us in Madison on August 16, 2016 right right before the Games+Learning+Society Conference. During the day you will see what’s been going on with ARIS this year. This is a relational day with lots of discussion around the use of mobile for storytelling, game design and field work. We look forward to seeing old friends and new.
- Language education with mobile
- Role of games in museum spaces
- Learning through designing games with youth
- Field work as an instructional method
- Reports of what people are doing with ARIS
- Contribute to the discussion of where ARIS is heading
- Learn new design and technical skills
- Network with other ARIS designers and researchers
- Make My Game! – This is the new, experimental session of the year. You suggest the topic, audience, setting, and any other important details or constraints, and a group of random ARIS designers will jam on it for an hour. We’ll learn about the design process, and about synthesizing what we think we know about the subject area, AR, and ARIS, while learning much more along the way.
- “Grant-writing speed-dating” – Participants will share and learn about upcoming funding opportunities and pitch their ideas to form collaborative teams.
The event will include a continental breakfast, lunch and happy hour reception.
The ARIS Summit will be hosted at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, Union South. 1308 W. Dayton St. Madison WI, 53704.
$125 early-bird before July 1, $150 starting July 1.